The European Commission launches a competition for the creation of a video about the European Health Insurance Card. The Storyboard Competition provides you with an opportunity to express your creative ideas and/or show your experience with the European Health Insurance Card
Three winners selected by a jury will win 1500, 1000 and 500 euro respectively. The overall winning concept will be developed and produced into a video, which will be used to promote the European Health Insurance Card.
What you need to send
Synopsis of the story (maximum 250 words)
The judges are looking for an imaginative and exciting story.
No need for a grammar exercise but it needs to be clear and comprehensible!
We are looking for a storyboard that presents a story via sketches in a chronological sequence (see an example).
- Has between 6 and 16 illustrated panels
- Tells a story that features the European Health Insurance Card
- Includes a descriptive written summary beneath each scene, telling us what the scene is about
- Can include speech bubbles and/or thought bubbles if needed
Your story and images should reflect the idea behind the European Health Insurance Card and convey at least one of the following messages:
- Expect the unexpected (when on holiday or travelling in Europe)
- EHIC is free of charge (some websites/companies are charging citizens to obtain a card that in fact is and will remain free of charge)
- Raise awareness of EHIC among doctors and medical facilities (focus on those giving rather than receiving healthcare)
How to submit your entry
Before you submit your entry, make sure you have read and understood:
- the entry form
- a copy of a valid ID document
- the synopsis (in English, French or German)
- the storyboard (in English, French or German)
You can submit your entry either by email to [email protected] or by post at the following address:
EHIC Storyboard Competition
DG Employment, Social Affairs and Inclusion